- “Lock and Key” – Lilofee
- “On My Way” – The Sweet Serenades
- “Creeper” – Islands
- “New Theory” – Washed Out
- “Ecstacy” – JJ
- “You’ve Got the Love (The XX Remix) – Florence & The Machine
- “Want Me Too” – Tune-Yards
- “Kundalini Express” – The Flaming Lips
- “Beast In Peace” – Bear In Heaven
- “Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses” – Thom Yorke
- “When I Grow Up” – Fever Ray
- “Version” – Stripmall Architecture
- “A Happening” – Hyperstory
- “Testimony” – The Phenomenal Handclap Band
Tag Archives: tune yards
4AD Sessions: Tune-Yards – “Real Live Flesh”
Obsesssssed with Tune-Yards right now. What an interpreter of sound she is. Watching this live session on 4AD reminded me a lot of Juana Molina, which is a good thing.
Stuck In My Head: Tune-Yards, “Want Me To”
After drowning myself in Atlas Sounds’ ‘Logos’ for the past few weeks, the discovery of Tune-Yards was the perfect experimental elixir to divert my attention. Like Bradford Cox, Tune-Yards, is a solo project comprised singularly of New England native Merrill Garbus. Her debut album, Bird Brains (note: this is the second Bird Brains entitled album to be featured on the OCMD in a week! hmmm.), released on vinyl by 4AD Records earlier this year. Recorded on a digital voice recorder and assembled using shareware mixing software, she’s produced an impressive DIY album infusing intoxicating drum patterns and tape loops with a worldly vocal rhythm reminiscent of M.I.A.
“Want Me To” is a track from the recently released ‘Bird Droppings’ digital EP.