Vodpod videos no longer available.
I adore the vintage sounds of Richard Swift’s EP Ground Trouble Jaw and look forward to his upcoming full length album The Atlantic Ocean next week (April 7th)! His tour kicks off on the same date in Santa Cruz, California and will be playing San Francisco’s Great American Music Hall on April 8. I seem destined to miss him both at SXSW and here! Soon.
Richard Swift, “Lady Luck”
Every year I host a music swap with my music geek friends where we share our top albums of the year. This year we spiced it up a bit by adding a new component – a mix of your favorite songs of 2008 by artists not represented in our Best Albums of 2008 list. (Ryan’s rules, not mine.) So here it is, my mix of some of my favorite indie rock tunes for 2008. I was struck by a lot of San Francisco local music this year and have noted those artists with an asterisk (**). I enjoyed the emergence of such good music from my hometown and hope you will too. Enjoy!
- ** Pigeonhold by Port O’Brien
- Testify by Carney
- ** The Drag by Ty Segall
- Pot Kettle Black by Tilly and the Wall
- Operation by Deerhunter
- There Are Birds by The Ruby Suns
- The Dazzled by Crystal Stilts
- The Shedding Path by The Lord Bird Dog
- Chemtrails by Beck
- Oppressions Each by Brightblack Morning Light
- The Columbia by Lackthereof
- ** Hellhole Ratrace by Girls
- ** New York Through York by Lady Genius
- Charlyn, Angel of Kensington by Jason Collett
- My Baby by Juliana Hatfield
- Furr by Blitzen Trapper
- ** Peg by Cryptacize
- Lady Luck by Richard Swift
- Don’t You Worry by Jim Noir
Get these albums free via eMusic’s 50 Free MP3 Promo
buy it at insound!
I’m in a 70s bohemian state of mind at the moment. All I want are wide leg jeans, vintage print blouses and great big sunglasses so I can look at the world through yellow-tinged lenses and feel like this. Luckily there’s a new crop of lo-fi, AM Gold music to match my mood. Enjoy my Sunshine Daydream. To get the MP3 file, sign up for the OCMD Mixtape newsletter.
- ‘Dead Moon’ – Sam Champion
- ‘Knowledge of Evil’ – David Vandervelde
- ‘Eye on the Dollar’ – Citay
- ‘The Shedding Path’ – The Lord Bird Dog
- ‘Heart of Chambers’ – Beach House
- ‘Sugar Man’ – Rodriguez
- ‘Lady Luck’ – Richard Swift
- ‘Don’t You Worry’ – Jim Noir
- ‘Nobody Does it Like You’ – Department of Eagles
- ‘Ain’t it Strange’ – Dr. Dog