As reported by the OCMD’s very own dirty old man,
. All the more reason to love him! Blogger Mike
– The Peelies “Debra Lane” http://www.415project.com/theOCMD/The%20Peelies_01_Debra%20Lane.mp3
Five barely legal chicks from Montreal. They sing in French and they rock sloppy. They played Sonny’s Vintage, Spiderhouse and more. Their new EP “Together Forever” is out now.
– Victoria Williams “Water To Drink” http://www.415project.com/theOCMD/WaterToDrink.mp3
Mature, quirky little number… lives in my fave desert, Joshua Tree. Some Harley guy was checkin’ her out. She sang a real sad song about death that made me cry, once at Maria’s Taco xpress, and again at Jovitas.
– Dum Dum Girls “Catholicked” http://www.415project.com/theOCMD/Dum%20Dum%20Girls%20-%20Catholicked.mp3
Need I say more? Truth be told, they bored me. Some kind of inferior, slick, LA version of the Vivian Girls. The French Legation does have a great lawn though.
– Venice is Sinking “Ryan’s Song” http://www.415project.com/theOCMD/Venice_Is_Sinking-Ryan's_Song.mp3
Mmmm legs and violin. LEGS look good to me in the morning….LEGS look good to me at night. I bought 2 cd’s and a shirt with a whale on it.
‘ – “ Allo Darlin ” Dreaming http://www.415project.com/theOCMD/Allo_Darlin_Dreaming.mp3
I must admit my fetish, yes…ukelele, and this cutey can play. Sweetest pop songs I have heard in some time. Nearly got me dancing, and I don’t dance. Very delicious (free) beer at Waterloo Cycles. 2nd of 3 shows I caught.
– The Coathangers “Shut The Fuck Up” http://www.415project.com/theOCMD/thecoathangers-shutthefuckup.mp3
Talk about fetish. These girls got their freak on. Nasty, yes, but intriguing. Caught these ladies in the parking lot of an Ethiopian restaurant called Karibu. Followed by Fungi Girls. No actual girls but still great!
– Dengue Fever “One Thousand Tears of a Tarantula” http://www.415project.com/theOCMD/Dengue_Fever-One_Thousand_Tears_of_a_Tarantula.mp3
Wow, now that is a dress. Funky, 60’s laced Cambodian goodness. Her sister was at the show. She hadn’t seen her sister in 7 years!
? – played just before Wetdog at Cheer Up Charlies around 1pm. I wanna say her name is Sierra, yes I will call her Sierra… Made for a nice surprise 1st show of the day.
Wetdog – “Lower Leg” http://www.415project.com/theOCMD/Wetdog%20'Lower%20Leg'%20.mp3
Sometimes you just need a woman with a sense of humor. These nerdy, UK, art school drop-outs got it going on. Great show.
– Golden Triangle “Prize Fighter” http://www.415project.com/theOCMD/Prize_Fighter.mp3
What is not to like? They come from the land of Vivian Girls (Brooklyn), share some garage roots and even a bit of psychedelia.
– “ Sixteen Deluxe ” Fetus http://www.415project.com/theOCMD/Sixteen%20Deluxe%20-%20Fetus.mp3
Back from retirement and rocking harder than ever. Any band that starts a set with Eno and ends with Big Star’s Kangaroo gains my lust and devotion. Spiderhouse sure has lots of stages!
– Titus Andronicus “Titus Andronicus” http://www.415project.com/theOCMD/06-Titus%20Andronicus.mp3
The chick has this thrift store librarian thing goin’ on. Her and the boys have loads of energy. Sounded great on Scoot’s new patio with $2 Schlitz. They sound nothing like the boss.