I’ve been long overdue for a mixtape. This is one I’ve been collecting for a while – pulling tracks here and there from the greater garage rock movement that’s exploding right now in San Francisco. This playlist is a subset of that sound that I’m really digging right now….lo-fi, fuzzed out rock with a distinct punk edge and surf riff. Or Surf Punk for short. Yeah, I’m sure I’m going to get a lot of flack for that label but what the hell. There’s a nice south swell in town, and if I’m packing up my long board and wetsuit to go surfing, you can bet this is the mix I’ll be listening to.
Enjoy a taste of San Francisco.
the OCMD Mixtape: SF Surf Punk
- Ty Segall, “It #1”
- The Fresh & Onlys, “Fog Machine”
- Snake Flower 2, “No Way Home”
- Nobunny, “Boneyard”
- Thee Oh Sees, “Can You See”
- Sic Alps, “Gelly Roll Gum Drop”
- The Okmoniks, “What I Want”
- Bare Wires, “Teen Witch”
- The Mantles, “Trouble in the Streets”
- The Touch-Me-Nots, “Cool Enough for California”
This rawks hard.
Right on! San Francisco is rawkin’ hard right now.
Pingback: Snake Flower 2 - No Way Home | see what you hear.com