The OCMD Best of 2009 Questionnaire
- Best Album: Girls - Album / The Fresh & Onlys - Grey-Eyed Girls
- Most Overlooked Album: Sonny & The Sunsets - Tomorrow is Alright / Former Ghosts - Fleurs / Jeffrey Lewis & the Junkyard - ‘Em Are I
- Best Song: Girls – “Hellhole Ratrace” / Garrett Pierce – “Can I Stop Breathing?” / Odawas – “Harmless Lover’s Discourse”
- Best Live Show: The Mountain Goats at the Swedish American Hall for Noise Pop / Every time I see Thee Oh Sees
- Band/Artist I am most happy to have discovered: Grizzly Bear (I finally get it with Veckatimest)
- Band/Artist I kick myself for missing: Cass McCombs/Papercuts/Girls show at Great American Music Hall. Catacombs is an unreal album that I just started getting into a month too late.
- Band/Artist everyone seems to love but I just can’t get behind: Girl Talk. He puts on an energetic live show, but I just can’t get into the albums. I appreciate the technique and skill involved, but I can’t really sit down and listen to a Girl Talk record.
- Favorite SF Band: THEY’RE ALL MY FAVORITES.
- One to Watch in 2010: Adam Stephens